What was that comedy character
called? The football player? He had a hair like that. Aw, man! We have to remember! Shame on us! Shame on us? Why? We don’t even remember nerd stuff, man. JovemnNerd.com.br presents: NerdOffice
NerdTour NZ: Queenstown
Full editing by GavetaFilmes.com.br
Subtitles by @fabiopl Lambda, lambda, lambda, nerds!
Welcome to the NerdOffice! Azaghal! I feel like a teenager again. – My hair used to be like this.
– Yeah, it did, man! What did you say your hair was like? People would ask me… In that rock’n’roll hair phase… ‘Sup, Gaveta! My hair was beautiful! It was like this thing! So, people would ask me: “What the hell, man! How long are
you gonna let your hair grow?” And I’d say: ” ‘Till the ceiling!” – It’ll grow ’till the ceiling!
– Who could say! People let their hair grow
and measure it like this. They pull it down ’till their chin. But I had to pull mine like this. My hair stretches ’till my chin, but… But…! It’s gathered together in one area. Excellent! Well Azaghal, today we’ve finally reached the final episode of our wonderful NerdTour NZ! – The trip’s coming to an end.
– How sad, huh? The trip has two stages,
and now it’s ending again. It’s ending again for us, isn’t it? We have to go back. We can’t leave NZ without showing you the wonders of Queenstown! Queenstown was my favorite city in the trip. Yeah, it’s wonderful! The city provided us with unique experiences. But the city’s natural beauty… It’s surrouned by mountains, there’s a lake… Holy crap! Every day, we would
wake up and have breakfast, – look out the window…
– The view! A totally different landscape.
We stayed there for 4 days. On the last day we got stuck
there due to a blizzard. It was the best thing that could happen,
because we got to see snow. So, we had practically all of the seasons there. One day it was like summer;
the other day, fall, then winter and spring. – Well, spring, not so much.
– There were a few birds singing. But every day we woke up and opened the windows, we had a different landscape, a different city! Yeah, it’s wonderful. What’s
cool about Queenstown is that there are millions of activities.
You can stay there for a long time. It’s totally tourist-friendly. Its focus is on tourism. Small, charming, full of Chinese gift-shops… The whole town’s about tourism. There are English schools, there are
residents, but it’s all about tourism. So there’s bungee-jumping,
quad bikes, boat rides, – Lord of the Ring tours…
– Parachuting… – Anything you can think of.
– It has everything! And then, during the summer, it gets hot
there, which is good for going to the beach, so you can enjoy water sports. During winter, it snows, so you can go skiing. It’s a complete city. – It’s wonderful.
– Fantastic. I’ve got nothing else to say, so… Say goodbye to NZ with us. – Aotearoa!
– Aotearoa! Check out Queenstown. This is the filming location for a scene when Gandalf takes Pippin to Minas Tirith. You can see there, that mountain with a lump… – The river, over there.
– The river. They put the cameras down there, with an open angle, to shoot this scene. Wicked. Very well! Now, we’re here in Pelennor Fields! This is, in fact, a private farm. We came here with the LotR tour, which is the only way you can
get permission to enter here. They give you these little trinkets for
you to play with. It’s a lot of fun. Here, a lot of Pelennor Fields scenes were shot. A crew of 600 people lived in
a nearby town for 2 months. And here, behind me, where
you see those mountains, is where Gandalf goes away on
his horse to save Faramir, who was all fucked up from
his encounter with the orcs. Gandalf has his white staff in his hands and you can see that in the background. Over here… Follow me! Run, Alottoni! This background here is from another scene,
when you see Gandalf from afar raising his staff and scaring
the Nazgûl away with its light. Now come over here! My pants are falling! How unfortunate! Here, in this background, is where Minas Tirith is. But there’s a problem: those
mountains are too round and in the book they’re
described as sharp-pointed. So they used this landscape
to make Minas Tirith, then went to Mount Cook,
the tallest mountain in NZ, filmed a few shots of those pointy mountains made an overlap here, put the
Minas Tirith bigature there, and this is the result. Running toward Minas Tirith! Just a minute. And here we have another crude
view of what Minas Tirith looked like. How beautiful! Look, an instant joke! A wizard,
a warrior and a dwarf! It’s getting dark, the moon is over there… Check it out! This is where Théoden’s speech took place. – Exactly.
– Fucktastic, isn’t it? The horses were here, where we are now. That plateau is in the
background of the speech scene. And they attacked in this direction. You can’t see it very well, but that leads down. Exactly. There’s a slope over there. We’re actually on top of a… – Man, this is so beautiful.
– And that moon! So fucking cool! Azaghal as Gimli in Pelennor Fields. How bizarre! Agatha really got into the role. Queenstown is a microcity which is way to the South, near the
South Island mountains, as you can see. It’s not a seasonal city, you know? because here there are ski stations, so during winter everyone comes here
to ski and the population grows a lot; in the summer, it gets hot, so people go swimming in the lake… It’s a city that’s always crowded. I heard that 30% of the
population here is from Brazil. I think it’s not that much. But the fact is there are many Brazilians here, because Brazilians know what’s good in life, so
they come to one of the best cities in NZ. It’s fantastic. This is kind of like
the National wild sports capital. So, it has everything. We won’t
be able to see all of it, because we can’t stay for that long. But it really has everything. Besides bungee-jumping… The first
commercial bungee-jump was here, It all started here in Queenstown. There’s also skydiving, quadbiking, canoeing, jet boating, a whole lot of LotR locations… If you look over there…
you see those mountains? Those mountains show up
throughout The Two Towers, because they filmed the escape to Helm’s Deep on top of a little hill over there, so they appear a lot during
the movie. You can recognize them. Anyway, it’s a spectacular town. There’s… Set aside some days of your trip for Queenstown. It all depends on the weather.
Since those are all outdoor activities, if it rains… There was one ride
we were going to do, but it rained a lot, so they had to cancel it. They told us we could reschedule it or
get our money back with no problems. So… Set aside a few days for you to come here and be able to reorganize your
schedule according to the weather. Queenstown! Let’s check it out! What the hell happened to this kiwi? Man… it’s a crackhead kiwi! – It’s all fucked up!
– Look at its eyes! It’s high as hell! If you’re wearing that T-shirt,
that means you did it! That’s right! And he did an extreme one, look! 134m! – Wow, it was great!
– Had you ever bungee-jumped before? No, it was my first time
bungee-jumping and skydiving. – Did you come to Queenstown for the wild sports?
– That, too. Also, it’s a gorgeous place, it’s snowy… Why did you choose Queenstown? Because of the snow. Skiing, snowboarding… In all of the English schools we’ve visited, you’re not allowed to speak
in your native tongue. You must speak English. Unless
your native tongue is English, of course. But then again, why would you
be studying at an English school? If you speak a language that is not English, you have to put a coin here as a penalty. So… do it! This mural was started by students. Some Colombian students put
a bill of their money up here. I don’t know which one it is, though… And then other students decided to do the same. There’s even Brazilian money. One of the students didn’t
want to use real money. It’s a xerox copy of a 5-Euro bill! Oh, this is cool! There’s one with my face on it. Let’s beat that 2-Real bill! Let’s do it! There it is! That’s Jovem Nerd’s contribution! We should sign it. – No, no, no!
– You’re not signing that! We’d be starting a new trend! Look, somebody has already signed one. – That oughta be a federal crime.
– It probably is… in Brazil. We’re not in Brazil, so, whatever! Is is windy there? No, it’s just a breeze! – Shall we go?
– No sweat! That is the river that heads
towards the Argonath. You know, those two statues. We’re here in Arrowtown, and this is the Millenium Path. Can you
guess where this is in the movie? Gaveta, give them a hint.
Please, apply a blue filter. So? Do you know it yet? Man, it’s funny. They travel many miles just to
film a few seconds of the movie. This is where Isildur and
his band is attacked by Orcs – while riding his horse in the prologue.
– Who was riding again? So he’s attacked and falls down into the river, so I thought: “There’s a river nearby.” So did they film a river over there?
No, they filmed the river elsewhere! No, the river is here. Yeah, but when he’s swimming
underwater, that’s not here. – Got it?
– So the underwater part is not here. Yes, as well as his floating body shot. It’s funny how they film here,
there, a second here, another there, but this is a nice view. Oh, there are people coming over here! If Isildur had jumped into this river,
he’d fall face first into it. The water would splash and
his body would be straight and stiff! But this is where the One Ring abandons him. Yes, theoretically, it would have been here. And then the Orcs shoot arrows at him. After the actor went to the
thermal pool in the studio, to film the ring falling and all, the stuntman came back here and floated, while wearing
a 30-kilogram armor… – …with arrows in his back.
– How could he have floated while wearing an armor? I had
never thought about it! In fact, the way the river is today,
he wouldn’t float, because it’s so shallow. He’d fall, face first into
the water and get stuck. But when shooting during winter, at the end of winter, the ice starts to melt
and there’s more water in the river. So… he would have… “floated”. Can you recognize this place? Time! This is so cool! – If you didn’t recognize it, this is Ithilien.
– Exactly. This is where the Oliphants appeared. – The hobbits are looking!
– They are here, looking. This landscape is very recognizable, because there are no buildings here. And you can also recognize this mountain
here, which also appears. Very cool. Cool indeed. Queenstown
beats any place in the world. This is where they shot a scene with Frodo and Sam, when Sam is making “po-ta-toes”. He was making a stew. There’s that mountain in the background,
Gollum comes here holding a fish… This is the same location where
they filmed the Oliphaunts, but they put some trees here. Now we’re in the lower part. Frodo and Sam are looking from up there. Frodo, Sam and Gollum. Here, where we’re standing. – …Which means we’ll be attacked soon!
– By Boromir and his band! Now it’s time for some swordplay. – Let’s see which weapon Azaghal will choose.
– I wonder which one! This is the moment that set
apart men from children and children from huge retards. Here, we’ve really outdone ourselves. Oh, how nice! “She-Ra, She-Ra!!” “By the power of Grayskull!!” If we were Frodo or something,
we’d go like this all the time: “Oh, a new place! Just a second…” Orcs? No. Orcs? No, it’s cool. Man, this is awesome! It has an orc-detecting app! So you just… Gaveta! You brought the orcs here! Gaveta! What does this remind you of? This is another LotR location,
from the first movie. One of the coolest scenes, in my opinion. – Really? I didn’t know that!
– Oh, it’s fucking cool! It has so many meanings! So many meanings in one scene! When Arwen is taking Frodo,
running away from the Nazgûl, and she crosses the river and
stops on the other bank, she challenges the Nazgûl, then those water horses come and wash everything, cleansing the evil. It’s so cool, because… The scene was shot in… This is where they shot the close-up scenes, because here the horses
were able to cross the river. This is a shallow river. At the other location, where
some open scenes were shot, there was a deeper river, so… But that one had two banks.
This one has only one. Yeah, there’s that. Plus, the stream
is different from the other one’s. So, they tried not to show much of this river, because each river ran in a different direction. But it’s a beautiful place. When we got here, we thought that’s
where the water horses came from. It seems like it. But, in fact, the river had two banks, while here we have this rock wall, which does not correspond to
the setting from the movie. The tour guide said the water horses
came from there to here and the cameras stayed over here. Yes, but if we told them they came
from here, they’d believe it! – Because, man…
– It all looks alike! That’s what these tours are like! You see that tree over there? It’s in the movie! It grew up along the years,
that’s what happened! So, trust me! This is where the water horses came from. Gaveta, I’m not going to ask
you to make water horses, because that would be incredibly mean. Gaveta, let’s check how cold this water is. Holy shit! Motherfucker! It’s so cold! Man, it’s freezing! My fingers are frozen! – Is it cold there?
– It’s cold as hell! That woman is nuts! She’s crazy, man! She’s enduring, though! It’s fucking freezing! Snow, snow in my face, ouch, snow, snow, snow… Dubox is going to practice
canyon swing, while it snows! Kudos! I’m going to do swing! [PERVERT ALERT]
I’m going to do swing! [PERVERT ALERT]
On the snow! [PERVERT ALERT] No way! Look what awaits you, Amanda! Holy fuck! These are the last images of Amanda! How cool! Aw, that’s horrible, guys! If I don’t survive this… Amanda! Amanda! ATTENTION:
DESPERATE PARENTS ATTENTION:
DESPERATE PARENTS Jesus Christ, guys… I can’t take this anymore. My heart will stop! It’s cool! Do it! How’s the mother? Guys, children shouldn’t
do this to their parents! Are you trying to kill me? My heart is in my mouth, I’m shaking… Man, I get sweaty palms when André
does tree-climbing at the mall! Imagine how I feel now! In our not-so-wild New Zealand, we’re gonna ride these beauties here. Make some damage, get our pants dirty… In this scenery which I call
“You’re shitting me, NZ!” It’s fucking cool, man! Wait, I have to put on these horrible boots! It’s disgusting! They’re already wet! Check out this view! Portuguese Lady! What’s up? It’s cool! I’m eating so much dirt! Lambda, lambda, lambda, nerds!!! [Portuguese Lady fell down] Guga is stuck in the mud! Lift that sucker up! It was fucking awesome! It’s the best! The best! I’m not a bungee-jumping guy, I’m not a swing guy… I’m a quad-bike guy, dude! Check out this jump! We’re here at Shotover Jet, In Shotover river, the same one
where LotR was filmed, Anduin… They do this crazy shit over here, in this world-famous jet. Come here, you can’t miss this! It’s a little rainy here in Queenstown. The activities vary according to the weather. There are a lot of outdoor activities,
so if it rains or snows, you’ll miss them. It’s raining a little bit here,
but the guys said it’s on. So, let’s go!! This is the engine… This is the jet’s engine. It has two of them. They’re two V8 engines. – 720hp each.
– Wow! It spits… It works in a very clever way: It’s a giant water pump. It sucks the water from below and spits it out, 1,000 liters per second, through here. So you have two V8 engines, with 1400+ hp, spitting 2,000 liters of water in order to make you sail on
40cm of water, minimum! – Wow man, so cool!
– 40cm! What, this deep? Yeah, that’s about it. That’s all it needs to sail. It’s awesome! You have to do it! And the driver is a kart pilot! – That guy is wild!
– I was impressed! This is a world-famous place. Many celebrities have been here. Our dear late George Lucas, Hugh Jackman, Wolverine and Sabertooth… They filmed the Wolverine movie here in Queenstown. I think you know this guy… Brooke Shields, Ian McKellen, Check out this one: Kenny Rogers! Unbelievable! Was he singing during the ride? Azaghal and Alottoni! No! No! No! No! No! Azaghal took a headshot from Dubox! An arsenal! She backs off! Wow! You missed! Does your lens have a filter? No! What are you gonna…? You’re not ruining my lens, you nutjob! If it has a filter, then no sweat! There’s no filter! You missed! – Deive!
– What? Check out the size on that brick! He pulled a Darth Vader! Journalist! I’m a journalist! Now look what you’ve done! Fuck! I was just about to turn on the camera! You missed it! I’m not doing it again! Headshot! Not me! Not me! Not me! She did it!! No! Oh God! Look what we found here in Queenstown Park! A time capsule is buried here. It was buried on December 31st, 1990 and it’s set to be reopened in 2090. Great! This is our last day in NZ. We were supposed to go to another city, but we got snowed in. The schools are closed, everybody’s at home. We’ll spend another day in Queenstown and then we’ll catch a flight to Auckland and then Brazil. – If the airport is open, that is.
– Oh, it’ll be. If it’s not, aw shucks, another day in NZ! There’s a warm fireplace
waiting for us upstairs! But man, what an amazing country we’ve visited. – Sun, lakes, mountains, snow…
– Volcanoes… Volcanoes, rain… A little of everything! A relatively small country, but with a lot to see. It’s really a fucking awesome place! We came here expecting to do just the LotR The LotR tour is nothing compared to other stuff. LotR is one of the many things NZ has to offer. There’s the maori culture, which is really cool, there’s haka, there are landscapes,
the people, who are so nice, everyone treats you nicely, there are people from
all around the world here… You don’t just think,
“Oh, maybe someday I’ll go to NZ”. No, you gotta come here. It’s really cool here! “Oh, it’s a long trip”. It’s not that long. A 13, 14-hour trip is better than an 8-hour one, because you get to sleep for longer,
if you can sleep in an airplane. Man, this is the perfect destination. If you want to go on a vacation,
it’s a really cool place. I want to come back to NZ soon. We made some good friends here. It’s a place I want to see more of, because we spent 16 days
here and saw very little. – That’s true.
– There’s so much more to see! Each small city we stopped in and spent one day,
we wanted to spend another one. I want a mud bath! I want to see more volcanoes! It’s a fucking awesome place! Kia ora, kia ora! How sad! I’m sad! This the NerdTour with two
endings that made me the saddest. I really enjoyed the place a fucking lot. It was great, unforgettable! I hope this trip will inspire all of you. We received a lot of feedback from people, saying: “I talked my mom into sending me there!” or “I’m going there to study”, “I’m going
on a honeymoon”, “I’ve made up my mind”… Let me tell you something: each one of you who mentions me or retweets me,
telling me you’ve decided to go to NZ, that we’ve convinced you to go… I’m really happy to know,
because it’s a fucking cool place. It’s a place I’d really like to go back to. There are other places I’d
like to go back to, but… I want you to go there. Everyone
should have the chance to go there. If you want to, don’t give me
that “I can’t do it” talk. You can do anything, you just have to focus. It can take a little or a lot longer, but man, that’s a place you can’t miss, because it’s an unforgettable experience. So, this is our recommendation to you. – Go to NZ!
– I’d like to thank our sponsors! Yes, who sponsored the trip. – Education New Zealand.
– Yes, thank you very much! – Maori Tourism.
– Fuckin’ A! Conversa, the agency which
organized the whole thing. Yes! Jen, our regards! We must thank Jen, Butch, Caroline, we must also thank Erika. We must thank Não Salvo, who
hooked us up with those guys! – Cid!
– He was the one who made the trip possible. – We have to thank Guga!
– Guga Mafra! He also worked hard and made things happen. He was this trip’s Gandalf! Our wizard! He deserves to be remembered! And we thank all the schools,
which welcomed us. And everyone else! We also
have to thank Matthew and Bronson, who were our tour guides
during the whole journey. Guys, you were so nice and helpful all the time! We would never forget to mention you. Auckland Adventure is awesome, you guys are awesome,
all kiwis are fucking awesome! Thank you so very much, you guys! And you, go to New Zealand!
We have links for you below, for you to start planning, solve doubts like how the trip works,
what it is like there, prices etc. That’s it! New Zealand is forever in our hearts! Kia ora! What’s This Week’s Little Question, Azaghal? What did you like the most about NerdTour NZ? Very well! WHAT SHOULD WE ASK FROM MR. MAYOR? LIQUID TALCUM FOR ALOTTONI! ASK HIM TO FIGHT AGAINST ANDERSON SILVA! A PERMANENT VISA! Subtitles by Fabio PL
[email protected] “FUCK!” “Now we’re fucked!” “It’s a trap!”
“Go, go, go, go!”