– We just got accepted into
the Red Bull soapbox race. – We cannot believe it. – Wow, we’re probably gonna die now. – [Announcer] Oh, they’re
gonna come with speed, oh! – My expectations this year
for the soapbox race is, lots of carnage. Every time like one turn goes wrong, they all end up flipping over. – Make it all the way to end, you know, gotta hang on. – The cars are faster,
the crashes are harder, the jumps are bigger,
the turns are gnarlier, the teams are better. It’s awesome. – Yeah, you just gotta be on it that day, ’cause everyone else is
gonna be super gnarly, too, so you just gotta come in pretty much hot. – So may God have mercy on your souls. – Go big or go home. – This is Jen. – This is John. – Jen is the team captain and a driver. – John is also a team captain,
and also gonna be in the car. – This is Chase and Colin. They build a lot of things
for our YouTube channels. – They’re gonna be building our car, and we have the utmost
confidence in their abilities. – Have you ever built anything
with grease on it before? – No.
– Wait, what was that? – This is Casey, she’s our videographer. – Time for a team meeting. Alright, so we’re doing
the Red Bull soapbox race. So we were thinking about
doing a pizza slice. Jen and I got to see the
world’s longest pizza, so we’d like to be the
world’s fastest pizza, and I think you guys are
the right ones to do it. – But we gotta really
make the most of our time, and just get to it. John has one more thing he wants to close out this meeting with. (dramatic music) – That little boy was me. In kindergarten, and I haven’t forgotten that day since. Yeah. – Did you just edit that home video? – That’s how it happened. – Okay.
– So this is about redemption. And being fast, and winning. I think that this is a
great opportunity for us to relive that moment, but
this time come out on top. So are you guys with me on this? – Yeah.
– Yeah. – Yeah.
– Yeah. – Alright, let’s celebrate. (upbeat dance music) – So we’re gonna go
check out this go-kart, see if the parts and the frame
are what we’re looking for. So it’s like right under your feet. Alright, I’m into it. Let’s buy it. (triumphant orchestral music) Holy god, look how old this
is, it’s like disintegrating. You wanna start pulling this guy apart? – [Chase] Yeah, let’s do it. (rollicking montage music) – It doesn’t fit. This is a completely different size axle than the front axle. (rollicking montage music) Looks pretty good to me. – Okay, so with the Red Bull soapbox race, we’re being graded on three things. The first thing is how fast we get down the hill, obviously. The second thing is creativity. And the third thing is showmanship. – So I am going to be
in charge of the skit that goes into our grade for
creativity and showmanship. The skit is something everybody has to do. You dress up in goofy costumes, you maybe do a funny song,
some funny dance moves, and then you throw the cart down the hill. I’ll come up with a choreographed dance, or whatever it is we decide to do, and I’ll teach it to the team later. – Yeah, and we’re also gonna be doing a workout, which is gonna be led by me, because everybody needs
to have the right strength to push our car down the hill. – We’re doing a workout? – Yeah.
– I did not know that. – You gotta get ready.
– Okay. – Okay, so I’ve designed a workout that’s specifically
gonna help us when we’re pushing the cart down the ramp
for the start of the race. This is the cart, go. – [John] How much is that? – We got some work to do. (pumping rock music) Okay, you know what you need to do. (dramatic guitar music) (group cheers) Well that was just the warmup. – Wait, what? (retching) – Oh, I’m drifting, I’m drifting! Woah! – Alright so Jen, Casey,
and myself just came back from the Red Bull headquarters, we had a meeting with all the other teams. Now we are gonna go grab
slushies for our team, ’cause they’ve been
doing such a great job. – Slushies – Yeah, hey Taylor.
– Jen. – Team Nitro Babies.
– Nice to meet you. – Yeah, yeah, oh, hey Taylor. – Hey dude. – Anyway, have you guys
tested out your ride yet. – [Jen] No, not yet. How ’bout you guys? – So we just wrapped up– – Oh the medal, it’s
kind of a funny story. I did this Pinewood Derby back when I was like five years old. – He wears it every day. – You know, I don’t
remember the name of the kid that I beat, but God, I just can’t imagine what would’ve happened
had I lost, you know. I mean, I wonder where he’s at. Ugh, to lose such a big event in your life when you’re that young. That’s just gotta do stuff to ya. I wanna see if maybe you guys wanna do like a pre-race race or something. – Yeah, that’d be great. – I can’t believe this. That’s the freaking guy that I lost to, and he’s in the same freaking race as me. He’s even wearing the freaking medal. What the heck. – So John just told us about Taylor. Sucks. I really hope he’s okay. – I think, I’m a little concerned, ’cause I think that we probably should put more steel on here,
’cause we need to go down a little bit, I wanna go
down as fast as possible. This is about speed, and
we’re going downhill. I just really wanna go fast. – I mean, there’s a couple
of things about that. Like A, we have a weight limit so we can get points deducted. – I would say just maybe a couple more big steel plates, and maybe
we can get away with it. – We can add more, I’m
very happy to add more. – Awesome, Ricky Bobby baby, Ricky Bobby, right, alright, alright. – I’m not gonna do that. – [Chase] I think he’s losing it. – That’s not gonna happen. Today is the big build day for the frame. We’re gonna go ahead and
get the new axles welded on, and then get everything in
place, it’s gonna be fun. The next two days are big days. – To drop this whole frame,
the wheels down lower, so that we can hit our
seven-inch frame line. We’re gonna have the same
clearance as a Camry. – [Jen] Dang, I hate Camrys. – You hate Camrys? What’s wrong with Camrys? – They’re not fast. How fast is this gonna be? – You know it’ll be
like, probably 15 or so. – 15, what does that mean? It needs to be faster. – [Colin] Okay, you’re gonna
need to buy a car then. – This is a race, like we
have to be the fastest team. And look, I don’t wanna lose again. So let’s just make sure this is fast, that’s all I really ask for. – That’s all, okay.
– That’s all I’m asking. – I think you’ll be fine. (intense metal music) That ain’t going nowhere man. We welded this thing.
– Yeah we did. – This just better work. – ‘Cause then we’ll crash and die. – That’s the thing, because it is fun to make jokes about, oh yeah, they’re gonna crash and die, but then it’s also, like,
I really like John and Jen. – Brake, ooh, brakes work. – There we go.
– Awesome. – [Colin] I’m getting really nervous. – [Chase] A little worried? – Well, because the car is almost done, what if it sucks, what
if it doesn’t drive, man? I mean John’s freaking out. We’ve invested like
$1,000 into this thing, everybody’s time, they’re
gonna hate us, man if this car doesn’t
work, I’m really nervous. – Great work. Awesome, awesome job, car’s set up. – Now all we need is to
build the pizza around me, so that’s you. And the skit, how is that coming along? – It’s good. It’s good, it’s good. – We should probably
practice it sometime soon if you’re comfortable with that. – Yeah, we’re set up on that. – Okay, so I don’t really
know if John has been working on this skit, so
I’m gonna go check in. John.
– Yeah? – [Jen] How’s the skit going? – Yeah, the skit’s gonna be really good. Yeah. – [Jen] How’s the skit going? – It’s good, it’s good. – [Jen] Hey John, any
progress on the skit? – Uh, yeah, yeah, I’ve been working on it,
it’s going to be good. – [Jen] Okay, well, we
should practice probably. – Okay, yeah, we can practice it. Tomorrow, you wanna do tomorrow? – [Jen] Yeah, that’s
great, you gonna be ready? – Yeah, Jen, I’ve been working on it. Let’s just, let’s do it, I just, sorry, just trying to focus on the car, and trying to make it, yep. – [Jen] I honestly have no
idea what to expect today. John has been acting pretty weird lately. – Just try to follow me after this take. Excuse me. (slow theme music) And then you guys will push the cart. This wasn’t supposed, this is not gonna– – Yeah, I hope that my
head isn’t gonna fall off. – That won’t fall. – And so everyone has brooms? – Yeah.
– And they’re all doing those motions together?
– Yes. – Also, is Jen like getting
up and sitting back down? – No, she’s gonna stay seated. Okay, I’m not prepared, I’m sorry, I don’t have a skit
for you guys, I do not, and I’ve been freaking out about seeing Taylor, and I
just haven’t even thought about the skit, I’m sorry. – Well if you’re not prepared, you’re kind of just
wasting our time right now. – I’m sorry. – What are we supposed to do now? – We gotta come up with a skit, I guess. – Well why don’t you come up with a skit, ’cause that’s what you
said you were gonna do, and Chase and I will go
finish building the car, because that’s our responsibility. – And that’s what we’re doing. (mournful piano music) – Dang. – Okay, that sucks, but like, let me go show
you something, okay? – Alright.
– Let’s go. – For any team sport, the number one thing is communication.
– You pretty much need everyone to be on the same page and work together. – One person messes it
up, then you can go wrong for the whole team. – You know, you gotta accept that one time everyone’s gonna be bummed,
so that all you gotta do is just like
– Talk it out. If you don’t, then people are just angry for way too long for no reason. You just suss it out,
and go on with your ways. – [Jen] Do you know
where we are right now? – No.
– This is where we’re racing on Sunday. – [John] I don’t know what I was thinking. – You weren’t, there was no thought. – I wasn’t.
– Literally zero thought was behind it. You made it up as you were going, right. – [John] Definitely, definitely did. – Yeah, maybe top five
dumbest things I’ve seen, and also most embarrassing
things at the same time. – That’s fair.
– The combo. Here’s the thing, for
the rest of this prep, you just gotta show up,
you gotta work hard, and things will be good. – Thanks for taking me out here. I’m ready to work, I’m
ready to do this thing. Let’s be the freaking
fastest pizza in the world. – [Jen] Hell yeah. – Here we are. – We’re ready. – It’s test drive day. I talked over you, but it doesn’t matter, because this is real, this is real life. This hill’s looking
like it’s gonna be fast. Colin, if I die, you can have my car. – Cool. – Well anybody can have this if I die, my hockey equipment. – Smells great.
– Yeah. (inspirational electronic music) – [John] Ready? Okay, woooh. What is it, keep it steady. Keep going. Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo. We can do it right here. Oh yeah dude. – Holy crap. – It freaking works. – [Colin] Thanks man. Did that just happen? – [John] I think it happened just now. – [Colin] That’s broke as (edit). – [Casey] What’s up? – Can you guys come down
here because the wheel broke. – [Casey] Oh yep, on our way. – And this thing snapped right off. We can try to take it
back to the hardware store and exchange it for a new one. – You’re like, your
wheel just busted on me. – Yeah, I think we’re gonna be good, we just gotta get this wheel fixed. I’d say today was a success. Now what’s left is coming
up with a team name, the skit, sorry about last night, but yeah, we’re on our way to victory. – Basically, I wanna put
the wheels underneath it. – [Casey] Yo guys, my
friend just called me and left me this message, I
think you gotta hear this. – Maybe we should call
ourselves Death Cab for Pizza. (soft theme music) – Yes dude. – Holy crap.
– That looks so good. – It’s a freaking pizza. – It’s a freaking pizza. – That’s a real-life pizza. – Dude, great job, guys. Click on the left to watch another This Is Mythical video. – [Jen] Click on the right to watch another another This Is Mythical video. – [John] And click the circular
channel icon to subscribe.